Consider the opportunity to work for an organization that is committed to helping Niagara’s vulnerable children & youth.
Learn how you can make a difference and discover current employment opportunities below.
Child & Youth Coordinator – Full Time
Child & Youth Coordinator – Full Time
Salary: $41,400.00-$56,400.00 per year
Annual salary under review
At the Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre, we help victims become children again.
We transform lives by providing a safe and supportive environment where children and youth can speak about their experiences to professionals, heal from adverse childhood experiences and build resilience so they can overcome the debilitating effects of childhood trauma and realize their potential.
Working collaboratively with the Niagara Regional Police Service, Family and Children’s Services Niagara, and Family Counselling Centre Niagara, the Centre is a charitable, community supported organization that serves Niagara’s 12 municipalities helping children, youth and families cope with the life altering impact of physical or sexual abuse, neglect, or of being an unwilling witness to violence.
The Child & Youth Program Coordinator is responsible for the planning and coordination of Centre programs and services including Day Camp, designed to support healing and build resiliency in children and youth. The Program Coordinator is also responsible for generating awareness of the Centre’s services and to provide leadership to community outreach and education initiatives. The position oversees a team of 5-10 direct reports and is accountable to the Executive Director.
Required Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Strong background in children’s recreational programming and Day Camp (minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience).
- Solid knowledge of child development and the dynamics of child abuse and domestic violence; understanding of trauma informed program development.
- Experience in budgeting, human resource management; facility management an asset
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking and networking abilities.
- Innovative, creative, future-oriented; focused on identifying opportunities and new and better ways of effectively making change.
- Ability to suggest or act independently; takes positive action on own initiative.
- Superb track record in managing complex issues and exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and motivated with a high energy level.
- 37.5 hours per week (FT salaried position) including weekends and evenings in direct relationship to program priorities and activities.
- Flexible work environment and hybrid working options.
- Some travel is required to support programs and services, to attend meetings, conferences, and training opportunities (mileage compensation will be provided).
- Diploma/Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child and Youth Studies, Recreation and Leisure, Ontario Teacher’s College, Social Work, or related field.
- Criminal Reference Check for the vulnerable sector.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation.
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C
- HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development – Can obtain after time of hire.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Potential employees will be required to provide references as part of the pre-employment process. No telephone or agency enquiries.
The Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant who communicates the need for accommodation will be considered in a manner that is non-discriminatory and respectful of our human rights obligations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
5:00 pm Friday March 1st 2024.
An investment of your time is the most meaningful of all donations.
Interested in making a difference in your community? Our Centre is always looking for volunteers to assist in a variety of ways. At Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre, volunteers have the opportunity to utilize their talents, skills and creativity in meaningful ways. Volunteering provides a way to give back to the community while supporting a cause that you believe in.
The Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre fosters an inclusive and supportive environment that encourages individuals to work together to achieve the goals of our organization. Everyone at the Centre is committed to continually enhancing the quality of services we provide the children, youth, and families we serve. More than sharing your time and passion, volunteering is really about the satisfaction of knowing you are helping people and gaining valuable experience that can assist you in your own personal goals.
We offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities to match your passion, skills, and availability. Areas of interest include:
- Special Events
- Social Support Programs
- General Maintenance
Bring the Whole Team
Our Corporate and Group Volunteer Program gives your workgroup an opportunity to make a difference in your community and gain a greater understanding of some of the critical social issues in the Niagara Region.
The Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre’s group volunteer opportunities provide your team with the chance to make an impact in the lives of the children, youth, and families that we serve each day. These opportunities are a great way for your team to build team morale and make a lasting impression on our programs and services. We will even give your group social media shout outs and recognition in our publications highlighting your community engagement.
Will You Join Us?
If you’re interested in volunteering with the Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre as an individual or a part of a team, we invite you to apply today.
Just a few hours of commitment can aid the Centre greatly. For more information, please contact us at 905-937-5435 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"*" indicates required fields