The Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre Niagara (KFCACN) is a registered charity serving Niagara’s 12 municipalities by helping children and families cope with the life altering impact of child abuse. A child and family focused Centre where children speak about their experience of abuse to specially trained police and child services teams that investigate and conduct forensic interviews. In collaboration with partnering agencies KFCACN offers supportive mental health programming for children, youth and their families including counselling provided at no cost, and without a wait list.
We are looking to fill the Centre’s top position of Executive Director, a role of strategic coordination, public communication and organizational management. Reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors, the ED is responsible for the management, organization and general administration of the KFCACN and supervision of the staff. The ED ensures the services and programs are in keeping with the mission and values of KFCACN, ensures the financial health of the organization through fundraising and grant development and ensures protocols are followed by KFCACN staff when our Police and Child Protection Services partners conduct investigations at KFCACN.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a proven track record in key areas:
- Strategic, problem-solving and communication skills in reporting to the Board on finance, staff, events, programs and partner relationships
- Facility management skills to oversee the buildings safety and maintenance
- Fundraising and grant writing skills to secure funding and maintain viability of KFCACN
- Leadership skills to attain successful performance of staff, volunteers and contractors in the operation of the building, delivering programs, hosting events, hosting programs, managing social media channels and maintaining records
- Financial skills to budget, manage costs, oversee bookkeeping, manage donor revenue streams and support the Treasurer and external Auditor
- Negotiating and relationship building skills to advocate for Niagara children, ensure coordination of collaborative programming with key community partners, maintain membership with aligned agencies and seek support from politicians for increased legislative and financial support
- Public speaking and media relation skills to promote community awareness for donations, use of the building, programs, events and encourage reporting of child abuse.
- Familiar with working in not for profit and with a volunteer Board of Directors
The successful candidate must also:
- Hold a graduate degree in a relevant field (child development, social work, human/social services is an asset) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position related to Business, Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, Communications or equivalent.
- Provide an acceptable background check, including Criminal Record Check and vulnerable sector screening.
- Have knowledge of office administration practices, donor data base software and Microsoft office software.
KFCACN offers an annual compensation package of $68,600 plus employee benefits including health, dental, life insurance and employee assistance program.
If you are interested, qualified and would like to be considered for the role, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. All resumes will be reviewed and those qualified candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Closing date is October 16th, 2020