To serve children and families in the Niagara Region who have been impacted by child abuse.
To engage the community in a child abuse prevention, awareness, and response strategy.
Our Expected Outcomes
- Timely access to child abuse prevention resources for all children and families
- Enhanced regional awareness of the importance of keeping Niagara’s children safe from harm
- Excellence in Child Abuse Investigation and response for Niagara’s children and their families
Promote Child Abuse Prevention
- Develop collaborative programs and resources to fill regional service gaps.
- Increase the use of social media as our primary communication mode.
- Develop a collaborative website with common interest partners on child abuse prevention, awareness, and response
Target Awareness Efforts
- Promote the Kristen French CACN as more than an investigation-hosting site.
- Work to define and lead as an establishment of evidence-based practice across Canada.
- Engage in research on resiliency and trauma-informed practice.
Enhance Partnership Response
- Enhance collaboration with Partners to improve supports and follow up.
- Develop partnerships with diverse communities in the Niagara Region.
- Explore risks/benefits of a virtual/mobile CAC model in the Niagara Region.
Build Operational Capacity
- Align budget forecast with a 3 year strategic plan.
- Leverage existing and cultivate new corporate, community, and collaborative agency funding sources.
- Operationalize new Volunteer Program through job description development and recruitment on social media.
- Develop and enact staff succession planning.
Our Plan of Action
Champion Leading Practices
- Define and establish CAC’s evidence-based practice across Canada.
- Evaluate Kristen French CACN against standards and modify Kristen French CACN actions to meet the standards.
- Define Kristen French CACN as more than just a safe place for hosting investigations.
- Develop a regional framework for programming, fundraising and volunteering.
- Research a virtual/mobile model for Niagara.
- Broaden our Research Initiatives (e.g. Resiliency and trauma informed practice)
Fundraise for Critical Services
- Create a 3 Year budget forecast.
- Leverage new funding sources.
- Collaborate with Niagara agencies on grant writing and events for fundraising.
- Cultivate our regular door relationships.
- Attain a signed Use of Site Agreement with funding from NRP.
Promote our Role of Child Abuse Prevention, Awareness and Response
- Develop partnerships and services with diverse communities in Niagara to promote our role (e.g. indigenous, francophone, corrections, newcomers, youth, communities).
- Sign and enact protocol with Partners on Post Investigation with FA as a neutral role.
- Develop collaborative Programming and Resources (grants, partnerships) to fill regional service gaps.
- Increase the use of Social Media.
- Develop website with common interest partners.
Increase Organizational Capacity
- Operationalize new Volunteers Program